The Story

Distance running can be thankless, isolating, and physically debilitating. Why do it, then? I put in the work for those days when everything clicks into place, when my body seemingly forgets it's limits and the run becomes effortless. I'm also working towards overcoming a year-long injury and training for the Olympic Trials Marathon in February. This blog follows that story and beyond, however it may happen.

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Seacoast Half

The Seacoast Half Marathon was this morning, which, after all is said and done, ended up being a pretty satisfying day for me. There's a lot I want to say about the race as it unfolded, specifics on strategy and the mental battles going on in my brain, but I want to leave that for my next post when I have the chance to digest the race for 24-48 hours. I wanted to stick with the basics and say that I'm feeling especially grateful to be able to run at this level again. That's about it. No doubt I have a long road to keep improving, but this was a major stepping stone for me in both a mental and physical sense. I know deep down that I have a higher ceiling that I haven't touched yet. I have a lot more to give. Now things will really start to crank up for me as I head into the real marathon building phase with about three months until the Trials. I'll leave it at that for now.



AH

2 comments: