The Story

Distance running can be thankless, isolating, and physically debilitating. Why do it, then? I put in the work for those days when everything clicks into place, when my body seemingly forgets it's limits and the run becomes effortless. I'm also working towards overcoming a year-long injury and training for the Olympic Trials Marathon in February. This blog follows that story and beyond, however it may happen.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Two hours

Went for a two hour run this morning, planned zone 2 HR the whole way. Zone 2 is characterized as "aerobic," for SC, aka not recovery, but not tempo. Kind of a sweet spot. I maintained what I thought was a solid pace throughout, averaging 5:54 pace with a HR average of 155, covering 20.6 miles. I looked back at a similar workout from April of 2014 when I did 90 minutes of zone 2 running and averaged 155bpm and 5:55 pace. Pretty. Darn. Similar. This made me happy because that was two months before Grandma's and I know I was pretty darn fit at that time. The contexts are certainly different but still interesting to see the similarities.

Need to work on some speed, but otherwise I'm feeling good and mentally amped to dive into the week ahead.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment