The Story

Distance running can be thankless, isolating, and physically debilitating. Why do it, then? I put in the work for those days when everything clicks into place, when my body seemingly forgets it's limits and the run becomes effortless. I'm also working towards overcoming a year-long injury and training for the Olympic Trials Marathon in February. This blog follows that story and beyond, however it may happen.

Friday, July 24, 2015

Status quo

Another five mile run today in about 35 minutes where I focused on keeping my cadence nice and high. It was much cooler today compared to yesterday's run when I basically did the same five mile course. My heart rate was lower than yesterday and my pace was quicker, but I think that was more due to temperature. My body is feeling ok. More or less, it's status quo right now-- same slight discomfort on my right side that still feels somewhat manageable at this point. For the first few minutes I can't feel it at all but it pops up around a mile in and stays pretty steady through the rest of the run. I'm curious to know how it'll react when I increase my mileage or speed. No real point in thinking about that right now though. I'm just happy to be out there putting some reasonable mileage in.

I need to keep working on getting my real running legs under me. It's nice that now I've established some kind of baseline on which to build. I think the next step will be to hit some 6-7 mile runs in the coming weeks.

AH


No comments:

Post a Comment