The Story

Distance running can be thankless, isolating, and physically debilitating. Why do it, then? I put in the work for those days when everything clicks into place, when my body seemingly forgets it's limits and the run becomes effortless. I'm also working towards overcoming a year-long injury and training for the Olympic Trials Marathon in February. This blog follows that story and beyond, however it may happen.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Biking

Went out for a bike ride yesterday--planned on going about 15 miles but 1) didn't check my tire pressure before leaving and 2) blew a tire about 5 miles in after accidentally running over a small rock. Luckily, I was only five miles in and was able to jog home to get my car and pick my bike up. It would've been interesting if I had gotten further out before that happened. Lesson learned... tire pressure is important.

So today I went out and tried again and had much better success. I mapped my route out to 16.5 miles, which took me a little over an hour. I felt like I was moving along pretty quickly, especially out in the back roads of Pease. I was channeling my inner Jens Voigt (sp?) out there on the roads hammering the flats. Super nice though. This was my first time biking out that way. I'm used to running it.

Before the biking I did 15 minutes of hip strength aka squats and standing lunges. Those are getting easier but only slightly. 

Back running again tomorrow. Looking at a schedule of 2 days of running, 1 day of biking/cross training. I'm pretty happy. Long way to go but the hips are feeling strong at the moment with very minimal pain.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment