The Story

Distance running can be thankless, isolating, and physically debilitating. Why do it, then? I put in the work for those days when everything clicks into place, when my body seemingly forgets it's limits and the run becomes effortless. I'm also working towards overcoming a year-long injury and training for the Olympic Trials Marathon in February. This blog follows that story and beyond, however it may happen.

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Core + Trail running manana

Another run yesterday with similar success to the day before. I did four easy miles and kept my heart rate in check below 158. That was three days of running in a row, the most days I've managed to string together in a while. Today I was considering biking, but it's been raining very steadily all morning and I decided to dedicate myself to a good 45 minutes of core work instead. I hit all the key exercises including some pretty intense planks that basically left my body at complete failure. Not to be dramatic, but I maxed myself out doing those planks. Felt borderline pathetic but satisfying.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and get on the trails and do a slightly longer run... hopefully 40-45 minutes. I wrote about running on trails a while back, and the plan is still to do a lot more trail running in the latter parts of the summer as I (hopefully) keep increasing distance. I'll try and go somewhere local tomorrow like Urban Forestry or Stratham Hill Park.    

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment