The Story

Distance running can be thankless, isolating, and physically debilitating. Why do it, then? I put in the work for those days when everything clicks into place, when my body seemingly forgets it's limits and the run becomes effortless. I'm also working towards overcoming a year-long injury and training for the Olympic Trials Marathon in February. This blog follows that story and beyond, however it may happen.

Monday, May 18, 2015

20 minutes straight up

After my typical dynamic warmup with some hip strengthening stuff, I went out and put together a solid 20 minute effort out on the familiar streets of Portsmouth. I was cruising along at a comfortable 6:45 pace and again felt little to not inhibition in my hips/groin. The little discomfort I felt was more of a tightness on my right side above my hip area that actually felt like more of a cramp than anything. I got back feeling like I hit it just right. I got out there and stressed my system, cardiovascularly and otherwise, enough to feel some real satisfaction and accomplishment. Who would've thought 20 minutes could be so gratifying. 

As the day's gone on I've felt good. Some tightness has crept in but nothing that's felt alarming or painful. Feeling pretty happy about where I'm at. PT again tomorrow morning, which is well timed. I think I'm ready to add a few more exercises onto my routine and keep building up. 


This is my cat Addie. She keeps me company by playfully attacking my limbs while I'm doing all my exercises in the AM. She's a great stretching partner. Love her. 

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment