The Story

Distance running can be thankless, isolating, and physically debilitating. Why do it, then? I put in the work for those days when everything clicks into place, when my body seemingly forgets it's limits and the run becomes effortless. I'm also working towards overcoming a year-long injury and training for the Olympic Trials Marathon in February. This blog follows that story and beyond, however it may happen.

Monday, May 4, 2015

Filling the gaps

Haven't been up to much the past few days, at least in terms of running. I've continued to do those PT exercises, and massaging out my scar, but that stuff isn't too exciting. That's for sure. 

My sister Meghan was home visiting this weekend (she moved to Portland, OR, about 8 months ago). I got to spend some time with her on Saturday night and Sunday. Watched the Mayweather/Pac fight at my moms house in Hampton. On Sunday we went on a cruise by the beach in a couple 50cc scooters. We walked out to the water and Meghan rubbed salt water on her face and we sat on the wall for a few minutes before heading back. Ali and I had dinner with her family and our friends Emily, Scott, and their kids Otis and Cora. That was my weekend!

I cranked the crap out of my groin by slipping on this piece of paper at work on Saturday and really wasn't happy about it. Such a little thing, and it's not even like I slipped badly. Just a slight shift the wrong way, unexpectedly, and wham. It was feeling fine but this really hurt it. It was painful for the rest of the day on Saturday but thankfully it feels much better yesterday and today. I'm headed back to PT tomorrow. I find myself thinking about PT as some kind of cure all, like a magician is going to poke around my hips and everything will be all better. Sadly, I know that's not the case, but that's how my mind thinks about it. It gives me structure and something to look forward to. Without that, I'd be obsessively thinking about how much time I have until February and how far I have to go still. PT breaks that time into smaller parts. 

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment