The Story

Distance running can be thankless, isolating, and physically debilitating. Why do it, then? I put in the work for those days when everything clicks into place, when my body seemingly forgets it's limits and the run becomes effortless. I'm also working towards overcoming a year-long injury and training for the Olympic Trials Marathon in February. This blog follows that story and beyond, however it may happen.

Friday, May 15, 2015

Progress?

Quick post today. Went to PT at 7:30 this morning after some light stretching/strengthening exercises on my own. We went pretty aggressively and added more hip mobility stretches with the band. I went out and did a light run of 4 minutes on 1 minute walking for 20 minutes. Gotta say I think this was the best my hip/groin has felt in a while. I was super loose and spry feeling, which was great-- no restriction in my hip flex at all, at least that I noticed.

I'm afraid to even think it, but could this be an indicator of things to come? So many times over the past 11 months I've been disappointed by false peaks and been forced to keep climbing that it's hard to even let my my mind imagine things turning for the better, for good. No way to know yet. On the bright side I've run for the past 3 days in a row, albeit for very short periods of time, very slowly, but this is the kind of thing I need to focus on. Perhaps more importantly I've been diligent with all my exercises and stretches for 3 days in a row. I need to keep this up and hope my body finally responds.

I hope you guys liked that mountain climbing metaphor. I sure enjoy a good metaphor. That was a metaphor, right? I hope so. I did major in English... Ironic, huh? Yeah, sort of. Irony is a tricky one, and people misuse it all the time, including myself probably, which is ironic in itself. Ok now we're getting into that dream within a dream layer. Let's just call this paragraph weird.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment