The Story

Distance running can be thankless, isolating, and physically debilitating. Why do it, then? I put in the work for those days when everything clicks into place, when my body seemingly forgets it's limits and the run becomes effortless. I'm also working towards overcoming a year-long injury and training for the Olympic Trials Marathon in February. This blog follows that story and beyond, however it may happen.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

PT recap and some quick thoughts

I had PT again today. I had a different therapist who was more aggressive in stretching and massaging out my hip, which I definitely liked. I'm ready for it. I did some dynamic stretching after the hands on massage and stretching, followed by about 15 minutes on the Alter-G. They love their precious Alter-G, and they should... It probably costs an insane amount of money. I'm also sure it works super well for a lot of people, and most running related injuries. Running on the Alter-G again today made me even more sure that it's not a good thing in my rehab. I'm over it though, the thing doesn't do anything for me. In fact, it brought on soreness that I don't feel while running on the road, at least not right away. Sure I feel some soreness after running outside, but it's certainly not immediate like it was on that machine today. I don't have any desire to get back on it. It's too bad I had to leave after running on the Alter-G, because otherwise I thought it was a very productive session, actually my best yet. I'm just bitter.

Due to the mental hit I took in missing out on that hike last weekend I've been getting lazier with doing the PT exercises I should be doing. I have to buck up and get back on that though. I only have myself to blame for that one. 

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment