The Story

Distance running can be thankless, isolating, and physically debilitating. Why do it, then? I put in the work for those days when everything clicks into place, when my body seemingly forgets it's limits and the run becomes effortless. I'm also working towards overcoming a year-long injury and training for the Olympic Trials Marathon in February. This blog follows that story and beyond, however it may happen.

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Longest run in 2 weeks!

5.9 miles this morning. Hips got a little janky by the end as I got more tired but the pain stayed in the 1-2 range. By janky I mean... wobbly.... like I don't have full confidence that they'll hold up if I kept going on at the same pace, or increased. Clearly not 100%, but this is also the longest run I've done in two weeks when I did that 8 mile negative split situation that set me back.

You know how sometimes a sneeze can really sneak up on you and you're totally unprepared for it, causing you to spray unnecessary amounts of spit/fluids everywhere? That just happened to me moments ago.

All better now though.

I'm trying to currently figure out how to link my runs from Garmin to these posts and the blog in general. I don't have a ton of time this morning. Here's a link that may or may not work.

Garmin Connect

Anyway if that didn't work... this is what I did: my goal was to do about 50% of the run in HR zone 2, which is 149-158. After warming up, I did my next three miles right in that zone, which meant I was running about 6:25 pace. It felt awesome to turn the legs over a little more! Quick mile or so cooldown and I was done. That's all for now...

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment